Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I was Crushed.

After a long day of meetings and planning, I looked forward to a nice bottle of cider with my Blue eyed cod. So off to Kemenys I went and picked a bottle of Monteith's Crushed Apple Cider from New Zealand. Monteith's are new into the Australian market and launched with their beers a couple of years ago.

My first impressions of Monteith's were of a cheap beer. The cartons would regularly fall apart due to cheap cardboard and lack of glue. The packaging was and still is pretty average. The cider label looks like it was designed in the 1970's.

The cider itself is 4.5% in alcohol and is really no better that the packaging. It is pale in colour and pale it taste. It has a touch of sweetness, but there is no crisp finish. No length of flavour.

Apples! 5 out of 10.

Blue eyed cod with carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin mash and steamed brocoli and green beans 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment