Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Now that is better!



It was chilly here in Bondi last night. Well it is all relative I suppose! After a long day at the computer I needed some cider!! But what to go with it. I looked in the fridge and Pitango spring lamb soup with red wine, roasted garlic and rosemary was there waiting for me. It said "serves two" on the packet, two what, children? The soup was delicious, thank you Mr Pitango and my wonderful partner for doing the shopping. Thanks, Jules!


So to the cider, I had been a little disappointed with the Westons Pear Cider. It just didn't quite do it for me. So to the real cider, apple cider. As you can see from the photo, it is a lovely almost burnt golden colour. At 6.5% alcohol it looks to be a serious cider. It certainly smells of fermented apples. In the mouth it is very good. It combines touches of sweetness with a lovely bitter sweet character. There are four catagories of cider apple sweet, sharp, bittersweet and bittersharp. I will go into that in more detail soon.
This cider is very good. Sweet and bitter with a lovely lingering finish. I really enjoyed this medium bodied beauty. The soup was great also.
8.5 apples out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment