Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wet tea towel and home alone dancing.

I came home from a few wins (wines) in the corporate market and needed a drink. But what? Wine, cider or a cheeky beer. It was a good day, the sun was shining and life good. I needed cider. But, alas, nothing cold in the fridge............so I used my "I need a cold bottle quick" technique. I spotted a bottle of Longueville Cidre de Recoltant in the cupboard, yes I was looking forward to this. I got a tea towel soaked it in water, squeezed out the excess water, wrapped the bottle in it and popped it in the freezer. Hey presto, in the time it takes to find a great CD, pop it into the player and dance around the lounge, you have a cold bottle. This, of course also works for wine and beer. Cheeky tip, eh!







So to the cider, I typed Cidre de Recoltant into Google Translator and came out with "Cider reaping" I am none the wiser. It is made from a variety of apples called "Large Carnation" and to be honest with you it is a cracker.

I pulled in out of the freezer and unwrapped the tea towel, popped the top and poured it straight into a beautiful large wine glass. It is darker than most of the recent ciders I have tasted, this is a good sign. It denotes the possibility of flavour, as you can see it is a dark golden colour. It smells of apples, yum. Rich, ripe apples almost like an apple pie that has a pinch of clove in it. It is lightly, naturally sparkling and in the mouth..............badda bing, badda boom. It is a winner. Not too sweet, with a healthy dose of bitter and a touch of rustic about it. Gulp, gulp, no sipping here. Yes! I can tell you great glassware makes a difference even when you are home alone. So this cider fills the mouth, is full of flavour and leaves a lovely clean acidic finish. Cider and Sushi, I swear it this cider would have been a perfect match. So over sized wine glass in hand the "home alone" dancing continued....................................

9.5 apples out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment